Art in Clay 2022
The OVCAG Art In Clay Sale at Lucie Stern Community Center is happening from 10am to 5pm on November 12th and 13th!
<---- Look Left on the event page to find the registration links!
TABLE FEES AND COMMISSIONS
The Guild will collect a commission of 20% for members or 25% for non members on all items sold at the sale.
All collected Table Fees are non-refundable.
Each participant may request up to two (2) tables.
Sellers will be able to set up their Tables:
Friday November 11th from 6:30-10pm
Saturday/Sunday morning you may arrive as early as:
9am to prepare for the days sale.
Break down will begin directly after closing:
Sunday at 5pm.
A signed and completed registration form and payment must be received by the registrar. This can be only be done online. Confirmation will be sent via email unless otherwise requested. Once accepted (except on waiting list) NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
• All first-time participants must attend the information meeting.
• Table assignments are based on the number of participants, table size, need for wall or electrical outlets and suitability of available space.
• Artist submissions for the sale are not juried. ALL of the items for sale must be handmade by the participating artist(s) and made of silica clay. No consignment sale of non-participating artists allowed.
• Collaborative entry is defined as work produced by multiple artists who contribute to the creation of the same work. All artists have to sign up for the sale.
• The Guild will collect a 20% commission for members (25% for non members) on all items sold at the sale.
• Sales tax (9.125%) will be added by the cashier and should not be included in your prices. Taxes will be collected and paid by OVCAG.
• Each artist must provide an artist ID on the registration form. New participants need to email an original artist ID/price sticker to the registrar. In case of duplicate IDs, the registrar will consult with each artist for alternatives.
• Artist ID on price tags must be printed (not handwritten). Artist ID not matching the sample provided will not be processed and the sale excluded from the payment to artist. Recommended price tags: Avery 5408 (or similar) REMOVABLE ¾” round labels, any color.
• No selling of “seconds” allowed. Please do NOT under price your work.
• The guild provides all tables. Participants are responsible for setting up their own displays. No items for sale may be displayed on the showroom floor or under the table. Spaces under/behind tables are for storage only. Please use floor-length tablecloths in order to hide boxes underneath, etc.
• At the close of the sale on Sunday, each artist must pick up own work and help straighten up the showrooms before leaving, break down table and place against wall in designated area of each room. Unclaimed pieces will be placed in a box (not sorted) and held by the Guild for a limited period of time. The guild will not be responsible for loss or damage to any items.
• Checks will be mailed following the sale after the bank has released the deposits, and all sales receipts reconciled by the finance coordinator. This usually takes 3-4 weeks.
All participants will be assigned two jobs in a combination of pre, during, and/or post sale shifts.
All job requests taken in the registration process will be taken into consideration, but understand things need to be done and you may be the best person for that job, regardless of your requested placement.
If you have specific restrictions/availability, let us know in the registration comment box.
• Each artist is expected to report for duty on-time and remain on the post for the entire duration of assignment. Unexcused tardiness or abandonment will result in denial of participating in future sale events, as well as $50 fine.
• We understand things happen and we are all human- In case of personal schedule conflict, each artist must make arrangements for exchange or replacement and notify the coordinator in order to avoid denial of participating in future sale events, as well as the $50 fine.
Job descriptions: (*some lifting is required)
- Movers* 1 & 2: Help move supplies between storage in Santa Clara to Lucie Stern Community Center in Palo Alto.
- Set up* 1: Arrange tables in the showrooms according to layout.
- Set up* 2 & 3: Assist with setting up cashier areas.
- Signage*: Put up and collect street signs near the venue. Participants assigned to this job are excused from other duties.
- Clean up*: Participants are responsible for cleaning up their area and for placing table in designated area.
- Greeter: Stationed by the showroom entrances to greet and direct customers.
- Holding area: Manage items on hold for customers.
- Cashier: Working with a tagger, cashier completes receipts with sales tax and total and collects the payment from customers.
- Tagger: Working with a cashier, writer removes price tags from artworks to place on sale receipts.
- Wrapper: Working with a writer and cashier, wrapper wraps all items for customers to take away.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us at Sales@OVCAG.org
<--- Click on the left sidebar for Online Registration